Friday, August 26, 2005

LaRussa for President

In case you missed it, last night Tony LaRussa won his 2,195th career game as a major league manager and moved into 3rd place all-time. What a guy. Watching his interview today he just looked so happy and thankful to be a part of this Cardinal team, something that was very encouraging. St. Louis fans are renown as the best fans in baseball and we are rewarded with such an outstanding staff of people who want to do their best every day and win--they "give a hard nine" every game, in the words of Tony. Right now we have the best manager, pitcher, and overall player in baseball and it feels good. If you can't tell, I'm just busting of red and white, and last night's milestone made me realize I can't give that man enough respect. I think LaRussa just moved up on my list of "if you could sit down and have a conversation with one person, who would it be?"

I think he still trails Steve Kerr, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home